Meals for Frontline Workers!
In these extraordinary times, it truly takes a village for each one of us to remain strong. By purchasing MEALS FOR FRONTLINE WORKERS! , or by donating directly to our program, you help us accomplish two wonderful things: Firstly, it brings gratitude, support, and love to our brave first-responders on the frontline of COVID-19 and some of our most impacted neighbors. Secondly, it helps keep our staff fully employed.
The organizations we're proud to serve weekly include:
- Beth Israel Deaconess' Emergency Department: an astounding team of professionals putting in tremendous work to both respond to this crisis and to keep our community safe.
- Boston Medical Center: is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Our Emergency Department serves more than 130,000 patients each year and is a national model of excellence in emergency medicine.
- Massachusetts General Hospital: is the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School located in the West End neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. It is the third oldest general hospital in the United States and has a capacity of 999 beds.
- Tufts Medical Center: the Department of Emergency Medicine at Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston operates a full service Emergency Room, Level I Adult Trauma Center, Pediatric Room and Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and Express Care Center.
- The Chelsea Collaborative: the mission of the Chelsea Collaborative is to empower Chelsea residents to enhance the social and economic health of the community and its people; and to hold institutional decision-makers accountable to the community.
- Victory Programs: a Boston-based non-profit organization helping individuals and families who are homeless, and may also have chronic health issues like substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and mental illness.
As a member of the World Central Kitchen network of helping restaurants, and with your support, our aim is to provide over 500 meals per week for these wonderful organizations. We continue to adapt and increase the number of programs and services we can support. And, when the crisis is over, all remaining funds will be donated to the Greater Boston Food Bank.
Thank you for supporting our community at this dire time, while helping us keep our staff cooking! Stay well and healthy!
Buying a Meal: The button above will direct you to our online ordering platform where you can "buy" a Donation item during Lunch and Dinner hours, only. You will need to write in your address in order to identify the Orinoco closest to you, but any location will do. Thank you!
Donating: The button above will direct you to the Venmo mobile payment platform. You will need to open an account, if you don't have one already, in order to transfer funds. Thank you!